Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hey, It's a Digital World Out There


I do a lot of engineering work on TV network structure. I found myself today searching through Google for a digital TV to analog TV converter. I thought I would find a lot of options, but surprise, not a one to be found. This amazed me, since in 2009 the TV broadcasters will be switching over to an entirely digital signal. All those people who still have analog TVs will need one of these magic conversion boxes. Gee, the FCC is already offering incentives to buy the converters. So where are they?


Does industry and the public believe that analog televisions will work without a converter post-2009?

1 comment:

Spencer said...

Hi Stew! I think the issue is that "nobody" gets their signal over the air anymore. I also saw a "don't worry about it, we've got you covered" Comcast ad on the topic last week. I just don't think it's an issue for most people.